Live updates on the Russia – Ukraine crisis: Russia goes to war, Kiev bombings, cyberattack, sanctions…
Russia-Ukraine crisis: the headlines
– Vladimir Putin announces a “special military operation” in Ukraine
– Explosions heard in Kiev and Kharkiv, as well as Dnipro, Kramatorsk, Kharkiv, Odessa and Mariupol
– Russian troops have landed in Odessa and crossed the border near the city of Kharkiv, according to a Ukrainian official
– Images of gunfire, missiles, explosions, shelling, as well as people fleeing Kiev, posted on Twitter
– President Joe Biden issues statement condemning the Russian attacks on Ukraine and say that the world will hold Russia accountable.
– Ukrainian parliament approves state of emergency
– Donald Trump speaks out on the Russia-Ukraine conflict, describing Putin as “genius” and “advised“
– Germany announces that she will put the Nord Stream 2 pipeline waiting. The pipeline would have carried natural gas of Russia, running under the Baltic sea.
– President Biden accuses Russia of “a flagrant violation of international law” in the White House speech
– The U.S. Department of State advises all U.S. citizens to “leave Ukraine immediately”
– US introduces new economic sanctions preventing trade with breakaway Donbass region
– Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: “We are on our own land, we are not afraid of anything or anyone”
What you need to know about conflict
– When Ukrainebecome an independent state?
– What did Biden say in his White House speech about Russia – Ukraine?
– What new economic sanctions can the West impose on Russia, Russian citizens and the Donbass region?
– Explanation: What is a false flag operation and why would Russia need to use one?
– Why did the Russian authorities expel American diplomats from the Moscow embassy?
– US urges US citizens to leave Ukraine due to serious security concerns
– How many time zones are there in Russia?