Haryana: Three family members use poison due to financial crisis in Ambala, one dies | Chandigarh News

AMBALA: A 65-year-old man died after three family members consumed poison due to the financial crisis in the town of Ambala on Friday night.
The deceased was identified as Jaswinder Kumar (65), and the other people who consumed the poison are his wife Kusum (58) and their son Hitesh (34), all residents of Naya Bans, Ambala City, a said the police.
Ambala City Police Station (SHO) Inspector Ram Kumar said that following the consumption of a toxic substance, the three family members were admitted to Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh Friday evening.
“All were unfit for their statement on Friday evening and on Saturday morning we received the information that Jaswinder had passed away and his wife Kusum and son Hitesh were out of danger,” SHO Ram Kumar said.
On a question, SHO Ram Kumar said, “We haven’t received any complaints. Their family members told the police that they were facing a financial crisis due to which they took this drastic measure. The family ran a general and edible oil shop on Sabathu Road in Ambala town and the three of them lived together in their house where they consumed poison.”
The SHO said an investigator has been delegated to perform an autopsy on the late Jaswinder and other procedures.

Comments are closed.